REFINE 

Browse All : Images of Kalamazoo (Mich.) from 1940 - 1949

1-50 of 86
1 2  
Administration Building...
exwa_wmup_u-10106
 
Title Administration Building and Gym porticoes, Western State Teachers College
Time Period [1930 - 1939, 1940 - 1949]
Description Porticoes of the Administration Building and Gym addition (East Hall), Western State Teachers College. The Administration Building was completed in 1905. The Gymnasium addition was completed in 1908.
Administration Building...
ca. 1942
exwa_wmup_u-10001
 
Title Administration Building stairs, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1942
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph featuring the stairs and columns of the Administration building on East Campus of Western Michigan University. The photograph, attributed to Charles R. Starring, appeared in the 1942 Brown & Gold yearbook.
Administration Building...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10100
 
Title Administration Building, exterior from west, Western State Teachers College
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of the Administration Building from the west. View features the cupola, second level stairs, and parking area. The Administration Building was completed in 1905.
Aerial view of Western ...
1941
exwa_wmup_u-10102
 
Title Aerial view of Western State Teachers College from west
Date 1941
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Gazette photo of an aerial view of Western State Teachers College. Buildings include Administration Building (1905), Gym (1908) and Training School additions (1909), Science Building (1915), Library (1924), Health and Personnel Building (1939), Men’s Gym (1925), Electronics Shop (1915), and the Manual Arts Building (1921). The photograph appeared in the 1947 Brown & Gold yearbook.
Anna French, faculty at...
ca. 1945
French, Anna L. (Anna L...
exwa_wmup_u-000309
 
Title Anna French, faculty at Western Michgian University
Date ca. 1945
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Anna L. French in her office. She began her career at Western as a assistant librarian in 1907, and later became head librarian in 1939 until her retirement in 1946. The dormatory, French Hall, was dedicated in her honor in 1960.
Arrangement Plannning G...
1948
[Saye, Hazel Cleveland,...
exwa_wmup_u-000370
 
Title Arrangement Plannning Group for the Faculty Women’s Tea, Western Michigan College of Education
Date 1948
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Group of female faculty members in charge of arrangements for Faculty Women's Tea seated in the Faculty Club House (later remodeled as the Arcadia Brook Club House). Members, from left to right: Hazel Cleveland, Dr. Lillian Meyer, Gayle Pond, Mary Doty, and Alice Louise LeFevre. Photo appears in the the Spring 1948 Western Michigan College News Magazine.
Bertha Davis and Opal S...
ca. 1940
[Davis, Bertha Shean, 1...
exwa_wmup_u-00029
 
Title Bertha Davis and Opal Stamm
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Bertha Davis and Opal Stamm by 939 Walwood Place. Davis served first as a music instructor in 1914, then as dean of women from 1917 until 1947. Stamm was an assistant professor of Home Economics, 1934-1963.
Blanche Draper, faculty...
1946
Draper, Fredora Blanche...
exwa_wmup_u-000310
 
Title Blanche Draper, faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1946
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Studio portrait of Blanche Draper from the 1946 Brown & Gold yearbook. Draper came to Western State Normal School in 1918 to serve as the faculty editor of the Western Herald. She continued to serve in an advisory capacity to the Herald after it became a student-staffed newspaper. Her position evolved to full-time publicity director for the institution, which she held until her death in 1951. Draper Hall and Dinning Service was co-dedicated in 1950 in her honor for 31 years as publicity director.
Bob Burisan and Theodor...
1948-06-09
[Henry, Theodore S. (Th...
exwa_wmup_u-000323
 
Title Bob Burisan and Theodore S. Henry shaking hands at Western Michigan College of Education
Date 1948-06-09
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Bob Burisan and retiring faculty member Dr. Theodore S. Henry shaking hands. Bursian was a student and president of the Western Michigan College of Education Psychology Club. Henry taught in the Psychology Department from 1917 to 1948.
Campus drive and Health...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10040
 
Title Campus drive and Health and Personnel Building, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of students on the sidewalk along campus line drive. A student stands on the sidewalk in front of Health and Personnel Building. Cars are parked along the drive. The Health and Personnel building opened in 1939. It was later renamed the Speech and Hearing Center.
Campus drive entrance, ...
ca. 1940?
exwa_wmup_u-10042
 
Title Campus drive entrance, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1940?
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of the entrance to campus drive off of Oakland Drive, East Campus, Western Michigan University. In the background is the South sides of the Health and Personnel Building and, behind trees, the Training School. Students walk on the side walk and cars are parked along the drive.
Class of 1945 graduates...
1945
exwa_wmup_u-000367
 
Title Class of 1945 graduates lined up outside East Hall, Western Michigan University
Date 1945
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Graduating students in academic regalia standing on the promenade on the east side of East Hall following 1945 commencement at Western Michigan College of Education. In the background are East Hall porticoes.
Crowd watching military...
ca. 1943
exwa_wmup_u-10025
 
Title Crowd watching military exercises on the Athletic field, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1943
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of a crowd watching military exercises on Western's Athletic field on the East Campus of Michigan College of Education. View looking NE toward campus. In the background is the Heating Plant, built in 1915, with its smoke stack. The Athletic Field was constructed on west side of Michigan Central Railroad tracks and opened for baseball games in the Spring of 1914. It was later used as training field during World War 2 for the the V-12 program.
Deans of Women Bertha D...
ca. 1947
[Davis, Bertha Shean, 1...
exwa_wmup_u-000368
 
Title Deans of Women Bertha Davis and Elizabeth Lichty with two students in the Bertha Davis Room, Western Michigan College of Education
Date ca. 1947
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Bertha Davis in the Bertha Davis Room, Walwood Hall, with Elizabeth Lichty and two students. Davis served as Dean of Women Students from 1917-1947. Lichty served as Dean of Women Students from 1948-1965. In the background, the fireplace and leather relief by Richard Riegel feature names of the Women's League presidents.
Dedication of Halls at ...
1949-10-28
[McCracken, Clara S., 1...
exwa_wmup_u-000319
 
Title Dedication of Halls at Western Michgian College of Education
Date 1949-10-28
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Mrs. William McCracken, Dr. Ernest Burnham, Mrs. Smith Burnham, and Harper Maybee during the dedication of McCracken, Burnham, and Maybee Halls on October 28, 1949.
Display case of tools, ...
exwa_wmup_u-10174
 
Title Display case of tools, Manual Arts Building, Western Michigan University
Time Period [1940 - 1949, 1950 - 1959]
Description Various tools organized in a display toolbox inside the Manual Arts Building. Tools include wrenches, pliers, and scissors.
East and south sides of...
exwa_wmup_u-10161
 
Title East and south sides of Natural Science Building in winter, Western State Teachers College
Time Period [1930 - 1939, 1940 - 1949]
Description East facade and south side of Natural Science Building (West Hall) through the trees in winter. View includes sidewalk and message board.
East Campus circle driv...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10035
 
Title East Campus circle drive, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph East Campus circle drive in between the Administration Building, Library and Science Building. View from the North featuring the front of the library in the background. Cars are parked in the drive.
Elizabeth Zimmerman, Ed...
ca. 1949
[Zimmerman, Elizabeth T...
exwa_wmup_u-000322
 
Title Elizabeth Zimmerman, Edith Eicher, Lucille Nobbs, and M. Dezena Loutzenhiser seated at reception at Western Michigan College of Education
Date ca. 1949
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Women at a pre-commencement reception for the senior class by the Faculty Women's Club on May 9, 1949 at Walwood Ballroom. Pictured from left to right: Elizabeth T. Zimmerman, Minnie D. Loutzenhiser, Lucille A. Knobbs, and Edith M. Eicher. Elizabeth T. Zimmerman taught German from 1905 until 1944 and also served as the chairperson of the modern languages department. Lucille A. Knobbs taught in the English Department from 1921 to 1965. Minnie D. Loutzenhiser taught in the English Department from 1923 to 1957. Edith M. Eicher taught in the English Department from 1925 to 1954.
Employee in the Compres...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee in the Compression Room, Upjohn Company, Compressing Room
Date 1945-01
Description Albert Vanden Broek working with machinery in the Compressing Room at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Employee in the Mixing ...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee in the Mixing Room, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Leo Lemmer standing by mixing equipment in the Mixing Room at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. The Upjohn Company was a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm founded in 1886 by Dr. William E. Upjohn. The company was originally formed to make friable pills, which were specifically designed to be easily digested. In 1995, Upjohn merged with Pharmacia AB to form Pharmacia & Upjohn, and was later owned by Pfizer.
Employee loading ingred...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee loading ingredients in the Mixing Room, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Leo A. Lemmer placing box of Nitrate of Potash on industrial scale in the Mixing Room at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Toledo Scale visible.
Employee of the Granula...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee of the Granulation Center, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Male employee working in the Granualation Center at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo. Employee guides ingredients through a pan-feed comminuting machine. A plaque on the front of the equipment identies the machine as a Fitzpatrick Model D comminuting Mill/Pulverizer. The company was originally formed to make friable pills, which were specifically designed to be easily digested. In 1995, Upjohn merged with Pharmacia AB to form Pharmacia & Upjohn, and was later owned by Pfizer.
Employee of the Granula...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee of the Granulation Center, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Male employee adding ingredients to granulation equipment in the Granulation Center at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Employee identified as Henry Triezenberg. The Upjohn Company was a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm founded in 1886 by Dr. William E. Upjohn. The company was originally formed to make friable pills, which were specifically designed to be easily digested. In 1995, Upjohn merged with Pharmacia AB to form Pharmacia & Upjohn, and was later owned by Pfizer.
Employee operating mach...
1945
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee operating machinery at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945
Description Two unidentfied employees in one of the processing areas at Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo. One employee in the foreground is monitoring the process. Another employee is visible in the background.
Employee operating mach...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee operating machinery in the Mixing Room, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Cecil Bowler operating equipment in the Mixing Room at Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Employee standing with ...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employee standing with machinery in the Compressing Room, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Albert Vanden Broek operating machinery in the Compressing Room at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. There are three pharmaceutical compression machines marked 13, 29, and 26.
Employees at desks in O...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees at desks in Office #21, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Six employees seated at office desks in Building 21 at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Employees identfied as Doris Donnelly, Leighton Saltzman, Dorothy Swartz, Frances Wiessner, Stanley Goodrich, and Grace Sportel. The women employee in the foreground labels and fills medication bottles. In the background, two of the employees are on the telephone.
Employees in the Mixing...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees in the Mixing Room, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Laboratory technicians behind a lab table with weighing impliments in the Mixing Center at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Employees with their date of service include, left to right, Owen Ravine (1928), Bernard Dykehouse (1921), Cecil Bowler (1919), Leo Lemmer (1941), Gerald Crowner (1935), Henry Kinkema (1941), Andrew Bos (1942), and Gilbert H. Simmonds (1930). Employees represented 95 years of service. Employees wear white shirts and pants with bakers caps. The Upjohn Company was a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm founded in 1886 by Dr. William E. Upjohn. The company was originally formed to make friable pills, which were specifically designed to be easily digested. In 1995, Upjohn merged with Pharmacia AB to form Pharmacia & Upjohn, and was later owned by Pfizer.
Employees of the Granul...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees of the Granulation Center, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Eight first year employees in the Granulation Center at Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Employees pictured left to right are Glenn Schoolcraft (1944), Everett Weybright (1936), Henry Triezenberg (1942), Fred Brant (1943), Joe Engels (1943), Bert Orbeck (1942), Dan Dorgan (1942), and Willis Miller (1923). Information on the photo indicates that Donald Witters (1943) is not included in the photo and the total years of service in this area represents 39 years. The Upjohn Company was a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm founded in 1886 by Dr. William E. Upjohn. The company was originally formed to make friable pills, which were specifically designed to be easily digested. In 1995, Upjohn merged with Pharmacia AB to form Pharmacia & Upjohn, and was later merged with Pfizer.
Employees operating mac...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees operating machinery in the Granulating Center, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Everett Weybright and Fred Brant operating machinery in the Granulating Center at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Employees posing by mac...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees posing by machinery in the Compression Center, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Male and female employees posing by machinery in the Compressing Center at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. From left to right, employees with their year of service include: Homer Suter (1929), Florence Chase (1944), Hester Woltersom (1938), Leland Telfer (1933), Gertrude Harris (1939), Albert Vanden Broek (1942), William Kannegieter (1942), Barbara Shaver (1941), and Albert Busick (1930). Representing 59 years of service.
Employees standing in t...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees standing in the Compressing Center, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Male and female employees posing by machinery in the Compression Center at Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. From left to right, employees with year of service are: George Oxley (1916), Marian Wiessner (1943), William Koning (1942), Ann Brower (1942), Douglas Noble (1936), Phyllis Overmeyer (1944), Guy Becker (1927), Doris Commissaris (1943), and Eileen Kellogg (1943). Photo notes that they represent 61 years of service. Employees wear aprons and collard shirts.
Employees standing with...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employees standing with machinery in the Compression Room, the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Male and female employees posed by machinery in the Compression Room at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo. From left to right, employees with year of service are: Charles Roberts (1928), Donald England (1935), Barbara Friend (1941), Eileen Cosby (1943), Raymond Miller (1934), Wea Vander Veen (1928), Henry Sliss (1937), and Eman Musselman (1908). Photo notes that Henrietta Longjohn (1942) is not in the picture and the employees represent 100 years of service.
Employes sitting in the...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Employes sitting in the Process Laboratory, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Maude Hurni, Douglas Tool, and Jerry Pleyte siting at tables in the Process Laboratory at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo. The table is covered with various sized bottles and large glass containers.
Faculty Retirement Grou...
1946
[Sprau, George, 1876-19...
exwa_wmup_u-000328
 
Title Faculty Retirement Group at Western State Teachers College
Date 1946
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Faculty retirement group from Western State Teachers College examining blueprints for development of the new campus. The drawing was prepared by architect Ralph R. Calder. Pictured, standing (left to right): George Sprau, Grover C. Bartoo, Bess Baker Skillman and Harper C. Maybee. Seated: Anna French and Anna Evans. Photo appeared in the Summer 1946 Western Michigan College News Magazine.
Garage, exterior, with ...
ca. 1940?
exwa_wmup_u-10069
 
Title Garage, exterior, with cars & buses parked in front, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1940?
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of the cars and buses parked in front of the Garage on East Campus of Western State Teachers College. Located behind the Science Building, the Electronic Building was known by several names including the Garage, Power Plant, Physical Plant Annex, Upholstery Shop, and Industrial Design Shop.
Genevieve Upjohn Gilmor...
ca. 1949
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Genevieve Upjohn Gilmore posing at desk
Date ca. 1949
Description Genevieve Upjohn Gilmore (1894-1990). Portrait photograph of Genevieve sitting at desk with left hand holding face. Letter on desk along with plant and other items. Bookcases are in the background. Genevieve is wearing either a blouse or dress with a string of pearls.
Group portrait of emplo...
1945-01
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Group portrait of employees at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1945-01
Description Group photo of employees at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Employees include: H. Suter, D. Grube, E. Weybright, B. Dykehouse, G. Schoolcraft, L. Saltzman, W. Koning, S. Goodrich, E. Musselman, F. Brant, Dorgna, F. Chase, E. Kellogg, M. Wiessner, M. Dykstrahouse, H. Longjohn, G. Sportel, E. Cosby, C. Buytendorp, G. Harris, A. Vanden Broek, B. Shaver, M. Hurni, E. Kuney, B. Busick, T. Vander Slik, C. Roberts, H. Woltersom, and B. Kannegieter. Two men are seated.
Gymnasium portico, West...
ca. 1946
exwa_wmup_u-10104
 
Title Gymnasium portico, Western State Teachers College
Date ca. 1946
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph featuring portico of the Gymnasium attachment from the top of the Administration Building.
Health and Personnel Bu...
ca. 1940?
exwa_wmup_u-10021
 
Title Health and Personnel Building and West Hall, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1940?
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Front of the Health and Personnel building and West Hall on East Campus of Western State Teachers College. Photograph view of the main entrance, looking northwest over snow covered yard. The Health and Personnel building opened in 1939. It was later renamed the Speech and Hearing Center. It was the first building on the historic East Campus to be razed in 2013. Originally named the Science Building, West Hall was built in 1915.
Hugh Ackley, faculty at...
1947
Ackley, Hugh Mortimore,...
exwa_wmup_u-000260
 
Title Hugh Ackley, faculty at Michigan College of Education
Date 1947
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Hugh M. Ackley, faculty in the Mathematics Department at Western Michigan College of Education from 1922 to 1947. The dormatory, Ackley Hall, was built and dedicated to Hugh Ackley in 1963.
Industrial Education An...
1947
exwa_wmup_u-10062
 
Title Industrial Education Annex, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date 1947
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of the Industrial Education “Annex” on East Campus, Western Michigan College of Education. The temporary Annex was converted for program use, located next to the Industrial Education Building. The Annex was built in 1918 as the Barracks for housing for Student Army Training Corps. The building was razed in 1948.
John C. Hoekje and unid...
ca. 1945
Hoekje, John C., 1885-1...
exwa_wmup_u-000325
 
Title John C. Hoekje and unidentified dignitary from the Netherlands
Date ca. 1945
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of John Hoekje and an unidentified man (left). An unidentified woman and man are standing to Hoekje's right. The woman is wearing pearls and a pin with the coat of arms for the Netherlands (lion holding arrows and a sword). John C. Hoekje was a professor of education and psychology who also served as registrar, dean of admissions and director of extension during his 1916-to-1955 tenure at the University.
John C. Hoekje, faculty...
ca. 1946
Hoekje, John C., 1885-1...
exwa_wmup_u-000311
 
Title John C. Hoekje, faculty, seated at desk
Date ca. 1946
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description John C. Hoekje seated at his desk and writing in ledger. John C. Hoekje served Western Michigan University in many different capacities from 1916-1955. He began as an instructor of education and psychology at WMU in 1916, was the Director of Extension from 1917-47, became registrar in 1921, and Dean of Admission in 1945. During that time, he served on numerous committees at WMU. An avid supporter of athletics, Hoekje was the tennis coach in 1925 and 1926, and was chairman of the athletic board for many years. Hoekje Hall was named in his honor.
John Hoekje and Howard ...
1944-07
[Hoekje, John C., 1885-...
exwa_wmup_u-000330
 
Title John Hoekje and Howard Bigelow performing Radio Skit for the re-dedication of the Barracks to Temporary Buildings
Date 1944-07
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description John C. Hoekje and Howard Bigelow acting as Master of Ceremonies at the formal re-naming and rededication of the barracks to temporary buildings during a mock ceremony and skit on July 1944. The Barracks Building was built in 1918 to house the local Student Army Training Corps. Preparing for duty in World War I, the young men trained and marched on the adjacent athletic fields. When the building was no longer needed for the corps, the Normal School reused it for Home Economics and Manual Arts Classes. It remained a "temporary" classroom building until it was razed in 1948. John C. Hoekje was a professor of education and psychology who also served as registrar, dean of admissions and director of extension during his 1916-to-1955 tenure at the University. Dr. Howard F. Bigelow was an economics professor at WMU from 1924 to 1961.
Leslie and Aletha Kenoy...
1942-07-29
[Kenoyer, Leslie Alva, ...
exwa_wmup_u-000378
 
Title Leslie and Aletha Kenoyer in greenhouse, Western State Teachers College
Date 1942-07-29
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Leslie and Aletha Kenoyer in greenhouse adjacent to Science Hall (West Hall) at Western State Teachers College. Leslie Kenoyer taught in the biology department and also served as chair from 1923-1953. The Science Building, also know as West Hall and Natural Science Building, was the second building to open at the Western State Normal School in 1915.
Library staff in the re...
1940
[French, Anna L. (Anna ...
exwa_wmup_u-000372
 
Title Library staff in the reading room at Western State Teachers College
Date 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Library staff standing around tables in the reading room at Western State Teachers College. Pictured, left to right: Hazel Cleveland Saye, Clara Sterling, Mary Harvey, Phoebe Lumaree, Paul Randall, Vera Graham, Edith Clark and Anna French. Photo taken in library on the original campus. Photograph appeared in the 1941 Brown & Gold yearbook.
Main entrance of East c...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10055
 
Title Main entrance of East campus, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of the main entrance to East Campus on Prospect Hill in winter, Western State Teachers College. The view features the Training School addition to the Administration Building and the south side of the Health and Personnel Building. The Training School was one of two wings added to the Administration Building in 1909. It was used as the University School and High School until 1969. Together with the Administration Building and Women’s Gym, the Training School was renamed East Hall in 1952. The Health and Personnel building opened in 1939 and was later renamed the Speech and Hearing Center.
Manual Arts Building, f...
exwa_wmup_u-10166
 
Title Manual Arts Building, front and right corner, Western Michican University
Time Period [1940 - 1949, 1950 - 1959]
Description Entrance of the Manual Arts Building. In the foreground is a gravel parking lot.
1-50 of 86
1 2