REFINE 

Browse All : Michigan College of Education--Buildings

1-4 of 4
Crowd watching military...
ca. 1943
exwa_wmup_u-10025
 
Title
Crowd watching military exercises on the Athletic field, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date
ca. 1943
Time Period
1940 - 1949
Description
Photograph of a crowd watching military exercises on Western's Athletic field on the East Campus of Michigan College of Education. View looking NE toward campus. In the background is the Heating Plant, built in 1915, with its smoke stack. The Athletic Field was constructed on west side of Michigan Central Railroad tracks and opened for baseball games in the Spring of 1914. It was later used as training field during World War 2 for the the V-12 program.
Electronics Building, e...
ca. 1956
exwa_wmup_u-10067
 
Title
Electronics Building, exterior view, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date
ca. 1956
Time Period
1950 - 1959
Description
Photograph of the front entrance to the Electronics Building (also Electronics Shop) on East Campus of Western Michigan College of Education. Garage doors have been replaced with brick. Located behind the Science Building, the Electronic Building was known by several names including the Heating Plant (1915), Garage, Power Plant, Physical Plant Annex, Upholstery Shop, and Industrial Design Shop. Photograph appeared in the April 1956 Western Michigan College Newsletter.
Students boarding bus i...
1953
exwa_wmup_u-10046
 
Title
Students boarding bus in front of Oakland Gym, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date
1953
Time Period
1950 - 1959
Description
Photograph of female students in long coats lined up in front of a bus parked on Oakland Drive, East Campus, Western Michigan University. In the background is the front of the Men’s Gymnasium.
Spindler Hall from Vand...
ca. 1941?
exwa_wmup_u-10022
 
Title
Spindler Hall from Vandercook Hall, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date
ca. 1941?
Time Period
1940 - 1949
Description
Photograph, looking north, showing the back of Spindler Hall from the back lawn of Vandercook Hall on the East campus of Western Michigan College of Education. Lavina Spindler Hall for Women, which faced Oliver St., was completed in 1940.
1-4 of 4