REFINE 

Browse All : Library buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo

1-4 of 4
Waldo Library facade, e...
1958-1967
exwa_wmup_u-01415
 
Title
Waldo Library facade, exterior view, before 1967 addition
Date
1958-1967
Time Period
1960 - 1967
Description
Exterior view of Waldo Library facade on the West Campus of Western Michigan University before the 1967 addition. Waldo Library was built in 1958, expanded in 1967, renovated and expanded again in 1991. The main library was named after the university's first president, Dwight B. Waldo.
Western State Normal Sc...
ca. 1929
exwa_wmup_u-10012
 
Title
Western State Normal School on Normal Hill, Kalamazoo
Date
ca. 1929
Time Period
1920 - 1929
Description
View of Western State Normal School on the top of Prospect Hill in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The view includes the Training School, the Administration Building with attached gymnasium and annex, and the Library building. The photograph appeared in the 1929 Brown and Gold yearbook.
East Campus circle driv...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10035
 
Title
East Campus circle drive, Western Michigan University
Date
ca. 1940
Time Period
1940 - 1949
Description
Photograph East Campus circle drive in between the Administration Building, Library and Science Building. View from the North featuring the front of the library in the background. Cars are parked in the drive.
Front of Library just a...
1924
exwa_wmup_u-10059
 
Title
Front of Library just after completion, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date
1924
Time Period
1920 - 1929
Description
Photograph of the Library front just after completion on East Campus of Michigan College of Education. Some landscaping is installed, but the walks and drives are not yet paved. The Library (later named North Hall) was built in 1924, and would be the main library until Waldo Library was built in the 1950s. During that time it was used by the College of Business until 1990 when the College of Business moved out. It has since been used to house archival material and it was home to the Department of Industrial Design for a few years during the last decade. The building, except for the front, was razed in 2014.
1-4 of 4