REFINE 

Browse All : Church buildings

1-17 of 17
Simpson United Methodis...
1959
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title
Simpson United Methodist Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date
1959
Description
Black and white photograph of Simpson United Methodist Church at 804 West North Street. View features two stained glass windows in the facade, two doors (one open), and a portion of the side of the building. People in formal wear stand in front along with one car. A sign in of the building reads: Simpson Methodist Church. The church was later renamed Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church.
Richland Presbyterian C...
Richland (Mich.)
1960s
 
Title
Richland Presbyterian Church
Description
Photograph of the church exterior. Most likely the 1960s based on cars in photograph.
Date
1960s
Time Period
1960 - 1969
Richland Covenant Churc...
Richland (Mich.)
between 1944 and 1953
 
Title
Richland Covenant Church
Description
Richland Covenant Church, later renamed New Hope Church, replaced a blacksmith shop at 8140 N. 32nd St. in Richland, Michigan, where they stayed until 1953.
Date
between 1944 and 1953
Time Period
1940 - 1949
Richland Presbyterian C...
Richland (Mich.)
1947
 
Title
Richland Presbyterian Church
Description
People enter the Richland Presbyterian Church in Richland, Michigan.
Date
1947
Time Period
1940 - 1949
Richland Presbyterian p...
Richland (Mich.)
1939
 
Title
Richland Presbyterian parsonage & Henry Bonnema
Description
Photograph of Presbyterian Manse with Minister Henry Bonnema in front yard. Text on back: "Richland Presb. Parsonage + Henry Bonnema. P280 Richland 1939." Tab on Photograph folder text: "P280 8793 East D Ave, Presbyterian Church Manse." The address in 1939, before street name change was ; 3599 West Street.
Date
1939
Time Period
1930 - 1939
1st Presbyterian Church...
Ferraro, Lance
Richland (Mich.)
1970
 
Title
1st Presbyterian Church in winter at night, 1970
Description
Night photograph, by Lance Ferraro of The Richland Presbyterian Church. Text on back: "Night Picture by Lance Ferraro. Donated by Sharon Ferraro 9-08 EH. Richland, M First Presbyterian Church." Founders of the church were settlers from Hudson, Ohio. In 1831 the Presbyterian congregation was organized under the 1801 Plan of Union adopted by the Presbyterian and Congregationalists for churches west of New York. The conjoining of both denominations were called Presbygationalists. Under the pastorate of Milton Bradley, at a cost of $7,000, the church was dedicated on 27 February 1861. The original bell cracked and was replaced in 1881. In 1886 the bell tower was reduced in height 30 feet. In 1952 the interior was altered, but the original pews remained.
Date
1970
Time Period
1970 - 1979
Richland Presbyterian C...
Richland (Mich.)
1976
 
Title
Richland Presbyterian Church Christmas tree
Description
Photograph on Kodak paper of the Richland Presbyterian Church Christmas Tree. Text on back: "13-24, Richland Presbyterian Church Christmas Tree, 8047 Church St. P268 A 12-76."
Date
1976
Time Period
1970 - 1979
Church St., Richland Pr...
Richland (Mich.)
1976
 
Title
Church St., Richland Presbyterian Church, March 1976
Description
Photograph on Kodak paper of The Richland Presbyterian Church. Text on back: "P266 C 3-2 Church St. Richland Presbyterian Church, 8047 Church St. March 1976. Text on bronze Plaque: First Presbyterian Church Richland, Michigan. Organized 1831, building erected 1861."
Date
1976
Time Period
1970 - 1979
Presbyterian Church Hou...
Richland (Mich.)
1976
 
Title
Presbyterian Church House, Park St., March 1976
Description
Photograph of the Presbyterian church house. This building was originally The Ladies Library built 1912. In 1948 the Ladies Library Association sold the building to the Richland Rural Agricultural School District for one dollar. In 1959 the school board sold the building to the First Presbyterian Church of Richland.
Date
1976
Time Period
1970 - 1979
Richland Community Calv...
Richland (Mich.)
1950
 
Title
Richland Community Calvary Church
Description
Photograph of Richland Community Cavalry Church. Dedicatory services held April 1940 for the Cavalry Community Church. The church changed denomination, on March 1, 1946 to the Richland Covenant Church. Text on folder: :1950, former blacksmith shop - 1976 TV Store.
Date
1950
Time Period
1950 - 1959
Methodist Church of Ric...
Richland (Mich.)
after 1926
 
Title
Methodist Church of Richland (also Community Hall)
Description
Photograph of Richland Community Hall located on the corner of D Avenue and Gull Road. Building was dedicated in 1891 as a Methodist church. The congregation dissolved in 1926.
Date
after 1926
Time Period
1926 - 1929
Richland Presbyterian C...
Richland (Mich.)
1950
 
Title
Richland Presbyterian Church
Description
Photograph of Richland Presbyterian Church. Text on folder "1950."
Date
1950
Time Period
1950 - 1959
St. Anne's Church, York...
Ross (Mich. : Township)
between 1911-1958
 
Title
St. Anne's Church, Yorkville
Description
Photograph of the Catholic Mission Church building. St. Ann Catholic Church began in 1911.
Date
between 1911-1958
Time Period
1910 - 1919
Yorkville Community Chu...
Kalamazoo Gazette
Ross (Mich. : Township)
1976
 
Title
Yorkville Community Church
Description
Photograph of the Yorkville Community Church of white clapboard construction with a bell tower. Built in 1851 it is one of the oldest buildigns in the Richland-Gull Lake area. Wesleyan Methodists held church there from 1860 to 1875. With the church no longer being used it became a storage barn for locals and entered a 20 year decline. In 1894 a local group, including Thomas Graham, Charles Clark, and Walter Wedge performed repairs and remodeling. In 1985 a Baptist Society was organized and Mr. J.H. Robson was chosen deacon. The church remained unchanged until in 1961 a rear wing was added.
Date
1976
Time Period
1970 - 1979
Tabernacle, Midland Par...
1930
 
Title
Tabernacle, Midland Park, Gull Lake
Description
Photographic postcard of the Tabernacle at Midland Park on Gull Lake, Michigan. Postmarked Aug 27 1930.
Date
1930
Time Period
1930 - 1939
Baptist Church, Yorkvil...
Ross (Mich. : Township)
1956
 
Title
Baptist Church, Yorkville, Michigan
Description
Kodacolor print of a white church building, the Baptist Church of Yorkville on Gull Lake. Now Yorkville Community Church.
Date
1956
Time Period
1950 - 1959
Baptist Church, Yorkvil...
Ross (Mich. : Township)
1930
 
Title
Baptist Church, Yorkville, Michigan
Description
Photographic postcard picturing a white church building, the Baptist Church of Yorkville on Gull Lake. Now Yorkville Community Church. Postcard addressed to Mrs. Hazel Windermuth, from Abbie E Wedge, Dec 25, 1930.
Date
1930
Time Period
1930 - 1939
1-17 of 17