Browse All : Chemical laboratories--Michigan--Kalamazoo
1-2 of 2
Employees in the Mixing Room, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Laboratory technicians behind a lab table with weighing impliments in the Mixing Center at the Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Employees with their date of service include, left to right, Owen Ravine (1928), Bernard Dykehouse (1921), Cecil Bowler (1919), Leo Lemmer (1941), Gerald Crowner (1935), Henry Kinkema (1941), Andrew Bos (1942), and Gilbert H. Simmonds (1930). Employees represented 95 years of service. Employees wear white shirts and pants with bakers caps. The Upjohn Company was a pharmaceutical manufacturing firm founded in 1886 by Dr. William E. Upjohn. The company was originally formed to make friable pills, which were specifically designed to be easily digested. In 1995, Upjohn merged with Pharmacia AB to form Pharmacia & Upjohn, and was later owned by Pfizer.
1-2 of 2