Detail View: Richland Community Library Local History Collection: Richland Community Library Local History Collection

Filename: 
P-028.jpg
Identifier: 
P-028
Title: 
Ladies Library building, Richland, Michigan
Subject: 
Richland (Mich.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
Subject: 
Ladies Library Association (Richland, Mich.)
Subject: 
Library buildings
Description: 
Photograph Postcard. The Ladies Library Association raised the funds to build this Classical Revival style building, which was completed in 1910. After serving as a private library for thirty-eight years, it was sold first to the Richland Rural Agricultural School (1948) and then to the First Presbyterian Church (1959). In 1981 the Richland Community Library Board purchased it. Through a community fund-raising campaign, the building was renovated and became the public library for Richland Township in 1983.
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Date: 
1910
Type: 
Image
Format: 
image/jpg
Source: 
Postcard, Local History Collection, Richland Community Library
Location: 
Richland (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1910 - 1919
Rights: 
No Known Copyright. Contact the Richland Community Library for more information
Rights Holder: 
Richland Community Library
Collection: 
Richland Community Library Local History Collection
Date Digital: 
2021