Detail View: Richland Community Library Local History Collection: Richland Community Library Local History Collection

Filename: 
P-268b.jpg
Identifier: 
P-268b
Title: 
1st Presbyterian Church in winter at night, 1970
Creator: 
Ferraro, Lance
Subject: 
Richland (Mich.)--History--Pictorial works
Subject: 
Richland Presbyterian Church (Richland, Mich.)
Subject: 
Presbyterian church buildings
Subject: 
Church buildings
Subject: 
Bell towers
Description: 
Night photograph, by Lance Ferraro of The Richland Presbyterian Church. Text on back: "Night Picture by Lance Ferraro. Donated by Sharon Ferraro 9-08 EH. Richland, M First Presbyterian Church." Founders of the church were settlers from Hudson, Ohio. In 1831 the Presbyterian congregation was organized under the 1801 Plan of Union adopted by the Presbyterian and Congregationalists for churches west of New York. The conjoining of both denominations were called Presbygationalists. Under the pastorate of Milton Bradley, at a cost of $7,000, the church was dedicated on 27 February 1861. The original bell cracked and was replaced in 1881. In 1886 the bell tower was reduced in height 30 feet. In 1952 the interior was altered, but the original pews remained.
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Date: 
1970
Type: 
Image
Format: 
image/jpg
Source: 
Photograph, Local History Collection, Richland Community Library
Location: 
Richland (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1970 - 1979
Rights: 
No Known Copyright. Contact the Richland Community Library for more information
Rights Holder: 
Richland Community Library
Collection: 
Richland Community Library Local History Collection
Date Digital: 
2021