Detail View: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection

Identifier: 
exwa_wmup_u-10039
Filename: 
exwa_wmup_u-10039.tif
Title: 
Administration Building and Science Hall on Prospect Hill, East Campus, Western Michigan University
Date: 
ca. 1933
Description: 
Photograph featuring East Campus on Prospect Hill. View features the original Administration Building with the Women’s Gymnasium, the Training School, and the Science Building. Designed by Battle Creek architect, Ernest W. Arnold, the Administration Building was completed and occupied in 1905. By 1909 two wings were added: the Training School and the Gymnasium. The campus remained in use into the 1950s when classes transitioned to the West Campus (later Main Campus). The Science Building opened in 1915 and later was renamed West Hall. Later, East Campus was known as Historic East Campus.
Building: 
Western Michigan University. East Hall
Building: 
Western Michigan University. West Hall
Subject: 
Western Michigan University--Buildings
Subject: 
Western State Teachers College--Buildings
Subject: 
Historic buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo
Subject: 
Universities and colleges--Michigan--Kalamazoo--History
Location: 
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1930 - 1939
Source: 
4 x 2.5 in., black-and-white print, WMU Photograph Collection, U-10039
Collection: 
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Digital Date: 
2020
Rights: 
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
Type: 
Image
File Format: 
image/tiff
Box Barcode: 
Box 49, Barcode: 31141021784504