Detail View: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection

Identifier: 
exwa_wmup_u-10225
Filename: 
exwa_wmup_u-10225.tif
Title: 
School of Business, facade, on East Campus of Western Michigan University
Alternative Title: 
North Hall
Date: 
ca. 1964
Description: 
Facade of the Western Michigan University School of Business in North Hall on East Campus. Students surround the front facade of the building with its entrance portico with pediment supported by classical columns. Built in 1924, North Hall was altered several times, undergoing renovation in 1958 and a rolling storage system was installed in the basement in the 1970s. North Hall also housed the campus library and classrooms for the College of Busines' finance and commerical law, marketing, academic advising, college administration and psychology department. In 1990, the College of Business was moved to the Haworth College of Business on West Campus. The building was used for archival storage and as home to the Department of Industrial Design. It was demolished in 2014, and only the front entrance remains on Prospect Hill.
Building: 
Western Michigan University. North Hall
Building: 
Western Michigan University. College of Business
Subject: 
Western Michigan University--Buildings
Subject: 
Historic buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo
Subject: 
porticoes
Location: 
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1960 - 1969
Source: 
8 x 9.25 in. black-and-white print. WMU Photograph Collection, U-10225
Collection: 
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Digital Date: 
2020
Rights: 
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
Type: 
Image
File Format: 
image/tiff
Box Barcode: 
31141021784520