Detail View: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection

Identifier: 
exwa_wmup_u-10521
Filename: 
exwa_wmup_u-10521.tif
Title: 
McCracken Hall with paper pilot plant addition and walkaway at Western Michigan University
Alternative Title: 
Science Building
Date: 
1970
Description: 
Exterior of McCracken Hall taken September 1970 includes the addition of the paper pilot plant and walkway. Cars are parked in the foreground. It was used as a chemistry facility. The first building on West Campus, McCracken Hall was named after well-known faculty member, William McCracken, head of the chemstry department from 1907-1939. A Paper Industries Laboratory was added to McCracken Hall in 1959 to support the nation's second Paper Technology program. One wing was torn down in 2017. The building was demolished in 2019.
Building: 
Western Michigan University. McCracken Hall
Subject: 
Western Michigan University--Buildings
Subject: 
Western Michigan College of Education--Buildings
Subject: 
McCracken, William, 1864-1940
Subject: 
Historic buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo
Subject: 
Chemical laboratories
Location: 
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1970 - 1979
Source: 
9.5 x 6.48 in. black-and-white print, WMU Photograph Collection, U-10518
Collection: 
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Digital Date: 
2020
Rights: 
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
Type: 
Image
File Format: 
image/tiff
Box Barcode: 
31141021784553