Detail View: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection

Identifier: 
exwa_wmup_u-10150
Filename: 
exwa_wmup_u-10150.tif
Title: 
West Hall with greenhouse at Western State Teachers College, facing south
Alternative Title: 
Natural Science Building
Creator: 
Arnold, Ernest W.
Date: 
ca. 1940
Description: 
South facade of West Hall, originally known as the Natural Science Building and Science Hall. The greenhouse was added to the building in 1940. The Science Building, designed by E. W. Arnold, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at Western State Normal School in 1915. West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences for over 30 years. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
Building: 
Western Michigan University. East Hall
Subject: 
Western Michigan University--Buildings
Subject: 
Universities and colleges--Michigan--Kalamazoo--History
Subject: 
Historic buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo
Location: 
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1940 - 1949
Source: 
4.93 x 3.28 in. black-and-white print, WMU Photograph Collection, U-10150
Collection: 
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Digital Date: 
2020
Rights: 
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
Type: 
Image
File Format: 
image/tiff
Box Barcode: 
31141021784512