Detail View: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection

Identifier: 
exwa_wmup_u-10037
Filename: 
exwa_wmup_u-10037.tif
Title: 
West Hall and Power Building at Michigan College of Education
Alternative Title: 
Natural Science Building
Date: 
ca. 1945
Description: 
Natural Science Building with the power plan in the foreground. View is from Oakland Drive looking east. The Science Building, possibly designed by Louis Kamper, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at West Hall. For over 30 years, West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
Building: 
Western Michigan University. Natural Science Building
Building: 
Western Michigan University. West Hall
Subject: 
Western Michigan University--Buildings
Subject: 
Historic buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo
Subject: 
Western Michigan College of Education
Subject: 
power plant buildings (utilities buildings)
Location: 
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1940 - 1949
Source: 
9.38 x 7.54 in. black-and-white print, WMU Photogrraph Collection, U-10037
Collection: 
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Digital Date: 
2020
Rights: 
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
Type: 
Image
File Format: 
image/tiff
Box Barcode: 
31141021784504