REFINE 

Browse All : Images of Kalamazoo (Mich.)

1-50 of 163
1 2 3 4  
V-12 candidates on the ...
ca. 1943
exwa_wmup_u-00012a
 
Title V-12 candidates on the steps of the Western Michigan College of Education Administration Building
Date ca. 1943
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Promotional photograph used for brochure "On Board the Western Michigan" highlighting the V-12 program at Western Michigan College of Education to train officers for the Navy and Marines during World War II.
Bertha Davis and Opal S...
ca. 1940
[Davis, Bertha Shean, 1...
exwa_wmup_u-00029
 
Title Bertha Davis and Opal Stamm
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Bertha Davis and Opal Stamm by 939 Walwood Place. Davis served first as a music instructor in 1914, then as dean of women from 1917 until 1947. Stamm was an assistant professor of Home Economics, 1934-1963.
Rose Netzorg Kerr on st...
ca. 1921
Kerr, Rose Netzorg, 189...
exwa_wmup_u-00036
 
Title Rose Netzorg Kerr on stairs of East Hall
Date ca. 1921
Time Period 1920 - 1929
Description Photograph of Rose Netzorg on the stairs of East Hall. She was the head of the Art Department at Western State Normal School from 1912-1922.
Directors' Room, Ladies...
1879
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Directors' Room, Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title View of the Directors' Room in the Club Building
Date 1879
Description Photograph of the directors' room in the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo. The interior view shows artwork and a bust. A portrait of Ruth Webster is located above the fireplace. The floor is covered with a patterned carpet and an animal fur rug, possibly a bearskin rug. The library is visible on the left of the photograph and features books in shelves and a circulation desk. There are plants in both rooms.
Vestibule of the Ladies...
1879
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Vestibule of the Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Alternative Title View of the hall upon entering the building
Date 1879
Description Photograph of the entryway to the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The foyer includes a tiled floor and a stained glass window is visible in the background. There is a cane back chair and two plants on stands. A pair of sconces provides the lighting. The carved newel post and banister leading to the second story auditorium is visible.
Interview View of the L...
1879
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Interview View of the Library of the Ladies' Library Association, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title View of the library on the first floor showing the memorial window
Date 1879
Description Photograph of the interior view of the library of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The memorial stained glass windows, including those honor Ruth Webster, are visible in the background. The walls are lined with book shelves. Arts is displayed on the walls and there are three classical busts on pedestals. The circulation desk is visible on the right sand and features a clock. There are two ferns in the room. The room is lit by a chandelier and the floor covering is a patterned carpet. There is a fur rug, possibly a bearskin rug on top of the carpet.
Exterior View of the La...
1880
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Exterior View of the Ladies' Library Association, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1880
Description Photograph of an exterior view of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. There is a wooden fence and sidewalk. The street in front of the building is unpaved. There are small trees. The building features lightning rods and ornamental metal work along the roof peaks. This building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Exterior View of the La...
Baldwin, Schuyler C. (S...
1880
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Exterior View of the Ladies' Library Association, Kalamazoo, Michigan, with Horse and Carriage
Alternative Title Stereograph of the Exterior of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association
Date 1880
Description Stereograph of an exterior view of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. A wooden fence is visible and the street is unpaved. The building has a vine type growth in the front and several trees. Three women and one man in a carriage pulled by two horses are in front of the building. The spire of the Methodist Episcopal Church is visible n the background. Back of card Stereograph credits, Schuyler C. Baldwin, Photographer, Kalamazoo, Mich." This building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Exterior View of the La...
Baldwin, Schuyler C. (S...
1879
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Exterior View of the Ladies' Library Association, Kalamazoo, Michigan, with Boy
Alternative Title Stereograph of the Exterior of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association
Date 1879
Description Stereograph of an exterior view of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Wooden fence is visible. Park Street is dirt. A unidentified boy leans against the fence in front of the building. This view was probably taken very soon after construction as evidenced by the size of trees and lack of mature plants near the structure. The spire of the Methodist Episcopal Church is visible in the background. This building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Interior View of the Mu...
Baldwin, Schuyler C. (S...
1879
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Interior View of the Museum Located in the Ladies' Library Association, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title Stereograph of the Museum of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association
Date 1879
Description Stereograph of the Museum of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The interior view shows a curio cabinet with natural history specimens and artifacts. A chair next to the cabinet is draped with a cloth with the wording "In Memoriam." The room features small tables, artwork and a bust on a pedestal. The floor is covered with a patterned carpet. There is a chandelier overhead. The library is visible on the left of the photograph and features books in shelves and a circulation desk. There are plants in both rooms. Back of stereograph card credits, Schuyler C. Baldwin, Kalamazoo, Mich.
Rear Elevation, Kalamaz...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Rear Elevation, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of Rear Elevation of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the rear elevation of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Drawing stamped "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The scale is drawn 4 feet to 1 inch. The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building in the United States constructed by a women's organization. The building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Rear Elevation, Kalamaz...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Rear Elevation, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo Michigan
Alternative Title Reverse of an Architectural Drawing of the Rear Elevation of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Reverse of a hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the rear elevation of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan, showing shading technique. Drawing stamped on front side: "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The scale is drawn 4 feet to 1 inch. The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building in the United States constructed by a women's organization. The building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Traverse Section, Kalam...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Traverse Section, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of Traverse Section of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the traverse section of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Drawing stamped "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first club house building in the United States constructed by a women's organization. The building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Front Elevation, Kalama...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Front Elevation, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of Front Elevation of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the front elevation of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building constructed in the United States by a women's organization. It is located at 333 S. Park Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The drawing has some discoloration resulting from bleedthrough from a backing that has since been removed.
First Story Plan, Kalam...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title First Story Plan, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of First Story Plan of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the first story plan of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The plan shows the locations of the library, museum, hall, and porch. The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. Drawing stamped "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building constructed by a women's club in the United States. It is located at 333 S. Park Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Right Flank Elevation, ...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Right Flank Elevation, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of Right Flank Elevation of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the right flank elevation of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. Drawing stamped "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building constructed in the United States by a women's club. It is located at 333 S. Park Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Second Story Plan, Kala...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Second Story Plan, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of Second Story Plan of Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the second story plan of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The plan shows the locations of the auditorium, stage and stairway. The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. Drawing stamped "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building constructed in the United States by a women's club. It is located at 333 S. Park Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Plan of Roofs, Kalamazo...
Gay, Henry Lord, 1844-1...
1878-07-31
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Plan of Roofs, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Alternative Title Architectural Drawing of Plan of Roofs, Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association Building
Date 1878-07-31
Description Hand drawn and colored architectural drawing on linen showing the plan of roofs of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The plan shows the roof dimensions. The scale is 4 feet to 1 inch. Drawing stamped "Henry L. Gay Architect 80 La Salle St., Chicago." The building was constructed in 1879 and is the first clubhouse building constructed in the United States by a women's club. It is located at 333 S. Park Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Interior View of Audito...
1879
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Interior View of Auditorium and Stage, Ladies' Library Association Building, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Date 1879
Description Photograph of the auditorium and stage of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association. There are cane back chairs are arranged in the assembly area. The stage features a piano and artwork on easel. The walls are decorated with paintings. The auditorium features a large chandelier and patterned carpeting.
Exterior View of the La...
Baldwin, Schuyler C. (S...
1880
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
 
Title Exterior View of the Ladies' Library Association, Kalamazoo, Michigan, with Landscaping
Alternative Title Stereograph of the Exterior of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association
Date 1880
Description Stereograph of an exterior view of the Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association building in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Wooden fence is visible. Park Street is dirt. Landscaping includes vine type growth in the front of the building and additional tress. The spire of the Methodist Episcopal Church is visible in the background. Back of stereograph card credits Schuyler C. Baldwin, Photographer, Kalamazoo, Mich." This building is located at 333 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Library Staff at Wester...
1957
[Lumaree, Phoebe, Knaus...
exwa_wmup_u-000261
 
Title Library Staff at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of Library staff from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Seated: Phoebe Lumaree and James Knauss. Standing: Edith Clark, Francis Allen, Katherine Stokes, Hazel Saye, Hazel DeMeyer, Paul Randall, and Gertrude VanZee. James Knauss, History Department, served as the University Archivist at the time this photograph was taken.
Hugh Ackley, faculty at...
1947
Ackley, Hugh Mortimore,...
exwa_wmup_u-000260
 
Title Hugh Ackley, faculty at Michigan College of Education
Date 1947
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Hugh M. Ackley, faculty in the Mathematics Department at Western Michigan College of Education from 1922 to 1947. The dormatory, Ackley Hall, was built and dedicated to Hugh Ackley in 1963.
Group portrait of the P...
1957
[Miller, Karl, Bradley,...
exwa_wmup_u-000259
 
Title Group portrait of the Physics Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Physics Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Pictured left to right: Karl Miller, George Bradley, Nathan Nichols, Walter Marburger, Stanley Derby, and Haym Kruglak.
Group portrait of the O...
1957
[Kiss, Rosalia, Hamlin,...
exwa_wmup_u-000258
 
Title Group portrait of the Occupational Therapy Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Occupational Therapy Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Pictured from left to right: Rosalia Kiss, Lois Hamlin, Dean Tyndall, Marion Spear, and Alice Lewis.
Group portrait of the P...
1957
[Greenberg, Milton, 192...
exwa_wmup_u-000257
 
Title Group portrait of the Political Science Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Political Science Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Seated: Milton Greenberg, Donald Ackerman, Samuel Clark, Leo Stine. Standing: Jack Plano, John H. Romani.
Group portrait of the M...
1957
[Kyser, Daniel, Birkby,...
exwa_wmup_u-000256
 
Title Group portrait of the Music Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Music Department facutly from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Seated: Daniel Kyser, Julius Stulberg, Sam Adams, Robert Schieber, Tom Fulton and Holon Matthews. Standing: Russell Brown, Leonard Meretta, Elwyn Carter, Arthur Birkby and Owen Berger.
Group portrait of the M...
1957
[McCully, Joseph C., Po...
exwa_wmup_u-000255
 
Title Group portrait of the Mathematics Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Mathematics Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Seated: Dr. McCully, Adelaide Howsen, Pearl Ford, Gertrude Wolinski, Carolyn Reiger, and Robert Seber. Standing: Fred Beeler, Dr. Charles Butler, Kim Peterson, Dr. James H. Powell, and Dr. Herbert Hannon.
Group portrait of the P...
1957
[Stephanson, E. E., Tri...
exwa_wmup_u-000254
 
Title Group portrait of the Paper Technology Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of Paper Technology Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. From left to right: E. E. Stephanson, Miss Carola P. Trittin, and Dr. R. A. Diehm.
Group portrait of the A...
1957
[Siedschlag, Lydia, 189...
exwa_wmup_u-000253
 
Title Group portrait of the Art Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of Art Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Seated: Elaine Stevenson, Elizabeth Smutz, Lydia Siedschlag, and Hazel Paden. Standing: Keith Bailey, John Kemper, Harry Hefner, Richard Bryant, and Stanley Phillips.
Group portrait of Biolo...
1957
[Powers, Myrtle M. (Myr...
exwa_wmup_u-000251
 
Title Group portrait of Biology Department faculty at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Biology Department faculty from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Seated: Myrtle Powers, Frank Hinds, Harriet Bartoo, Elaine Hurst, and Bette Barnes. Standing: Merrill Wiseman, Lee Baker, Leo VanderBeek, Edward Reynolds, Edwin Steen, Bettina Carter, Daniel Jackson, and A. Verne Fuller.
McCracken Hall with pap...
1970
exwa_wmup_u-10521
 
Title McCracken Hall with paper pilot plant addition and walkaway at Western Michigan University
Date 1970
Time Period 1970 - 1979
Description Exterior of McCracken Hall taken September 1970 includes the addition of the paper pilot plant and walkway. Cars are parked in the foreground. It was used as a chemistry facility. The first building on West Campus, McCracken Hall was named after well-known faculty member, William McCracken, head of the chemstry department from 1907-1939. A Paper Industries Laboratory was added to McCracken Hall in 1959 to support the nation's second Paper Technology program. One wing was torn down in 2017. The building was demolished in 2019.
McCracken Hall, side en...
1949
exwa_wmup_u-10518
 
Title McCracken Hall, side entrance, Western State Teachers College
Date 1949
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Exterior of William McCracken Hall at the time of construction in 1949. It was used as a chemistry facility. The first building on West Campus, McCracken Hall was named after well-known faculty member, William McCracken, head of the chemstry department from 1907-1939. A Paper Industries Laboratory was added to McCracken Hall in 1959 to support the nation's second Paper Technology program. One wing was torn down in 2017. The building was demolished in 2019.
McCracken Hall, front e...
1949
exwa_wmup_u-10516
 
Title McCracken Hall, front entrace, Western State Teachers College
Date 1949
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Front entrance of William McCracken Hall at the time of construction in 1949. It was used as a chemistry facility. The first building on West Campus, McCracken Hall was named after well-known faculty member, William McCracken, head of the chemstry department from 1907-1939. A Paper Industries Laboratory was added to McCracken Hall in 1959 to support the nation's second Paper Technology program. One wing was torn down in 2017. The building was demolished in 2019.
Mechanical Trades Build...
ca. 1945
exwa_wmup_u-10468
 
Title Mechanical Trades Building, facade, Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1945
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Exterior of the Mechanical Trades Building which was constructed in 1940 for the purposes of vocational training. Cars are parked in the front of the building. Ornamentation in the façade featured airplane propellers and one of the early classes taught out of this building was aviation mechanics. North Hall and West Hall are visible in the background.
Spindler Hall, exterior...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10450
 
Title Spindler Hall, exterior, East Campus at Western State Teachers College
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Exterior of Spindler Hall looking northwest. Built in 1940, Spindler Hall was origially a women's dormatory and later became an independent housing facility for doctoral, graduate, senior and non-traditional students. Spindler Hall was named after Lavina Spindler, who served at Western from 1907-1938 as director of the Campus School, Dean of Women, and Freshman Advisor. The building featured reliefs of female students and a female figure in a mentoring relationship.
Library on East Campus ...
ca. 1925
exwa_wmup_u-10237
 
Title Library on East Campus of Western State Normal School
Date ca. 1925
Time Period 1920 - 1925
Description Photograph of the dedicated library building completed in 1925. It was the primary library until Waldo Library was constructed in 1958. It was renamed North Hall in 1966 and remodeled in 1959 for the College of Business.
School of Business, fac...
ca. 1964
exwa_wmup_u-10225
 
Title School of Business, facade, on East Campus of Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1964
Time Period 1960 - 1969
Description Facade of the Western Michigan University School of Business in North Hall on East Campus. Students surround the front facade of the building with its entrance portico with pediment supported by classical columns. Built in 1924, North Hall was altered several times, undergoing renovation in 1958 and a rolling storage system was installed in the basement in the 1970s. North Hall also housed the campus library and classrooms for the College of Busines' finance and commerical law, marketing, academic advising, college administration and psychology department. In 1990, the College of Business was moved to the Haworth College of Business on West Campus. The building was used for archival storage and as home to the Department of Industrial Design. It was demolished in 2014, and only the front entrance remains on Prospect Hill.
School of Business in N...
ca. 1964
exwa_wmup_u-10217
 
Title School of Business in North Hall, entrance portico, at Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1964
Time Period 1960 - 1969
Description Front entrance of the Western Michigan University School of Business in North Hall. View focuses on building entrance portico with pediment supported by classical columns topped with corinthian capitals. Four male students are entering the building. Built in 1924, North Hall was altered several times, undergoing renovation in 1958. It was demolished in 2014, and only the front entrance remains on Prospect Hill.
Manual Arts Building at...
ca. 1925
exwa_wmup_u-10172
 
Title Manual Arts Building at Western State Normal School, exterior
Date ca. 1925
Time Period 1920 - 1929
Description Exterior of the Manual Arts Building with car parked in front of the building. Also known as Manual Training Building. First known as the Mechanical Trades Building built in 1941. By 1965, it was renamed to the Industrial Arts Building. In 1965, it was vacated when the College of Applied Science programs moved into the new Industrial Engineering Technology facility in Kohrmann Hall. The building then became the home to the University's Brink Printing Services, named after Lawrence J. Brink, director of the first Printing Management program in Michigan. The Brink Building was demolished in 2001. Turbine bas-reliefs from the facade were preserved and displayed on the College of Engineering campus.
West Hall, northeast fa...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10160
 
Title West Hall, northeast facade, on the East Campus of Western State Teachers College
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Northeast facade of West Hall, formerly known as the Natural Science Building and Science Hall. The Science Building, designed by E. W. Arnold, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at Western State Normal School in 1915. West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences for over 30 years. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
West Hall with greenhou...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10150
 
Title West Hall with greenhouse at Western State Teachers College, facing south
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description South facade of West Hall, originally known as the Natural Science Building and Science Hall. The greenhouse was added to the building in 1940. The Science Building, designed by E. W. Arnold, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at Western State Normal School in 1915. West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences for over 30 years. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
Postcard of Western Mic...
1906
exwa_wmup_u-10146
 
Title Postcard of Western Michigan Normal School
Date 1906
Time Period 1900 - 1909
Description A postcard depicting the original administration building at Western State Normal School before the north and south wings were added to the building.
East Hall at Western St...
ca. 1905
exwa_wmup_u-10121
 
Title East Hall at Western State Normal School, exterior
Date ca. 1905
Time Period 1900 - 1909
Description Exterior of the original administration building facade for Western State Normal School with steps leading to Davis Street. View is looking west. Construction of the school’s first building began in 1904 on Prospect Hill. It housed administrative offices, classrooms, laboratories, and a library. The two-story structure clad in brick featured a portico with six Greek pillars, an arch window over the main entry, and a cupola designed by architect Ernest W. Arnold. The building welcomed its first class of students in September 1905 and remained in use as a teaching facility until 1990. Known as the Administrative Building, the Education Building, and finally by 1967 as East Hall. Renovated as the new WMU Alumni Center in 2012. Officially renamed Heritage Hall in 2015.
Training School, East C...
ca. 1964
exwa_wmup_u-10109
 
Title Training School, East Campus of Western Michigan University
Date ca. 1964
Time Period 1960 - 1969
Description A woman in a long coat walking down the steps of the Administritation Building (East Hall) of Western Michigan College of Education. Middle portion of the building is visible, front columns and portico prominant.
West Hall and Power Bui...
ca. 1945
exwa_wmup_u-10037
 
Title West Hall and Power Building at Michigan College of Education
Date ca. 1945
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Natural Science Building with the power plan in the foreground. View is from Oakland Drive looking east. The Science Building, possibly designed by Louis Kamper, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at West Hall. For over 30 years, West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
Aerial view of campus o...
1933
exwa_wmup_u-10032
 
Title Aerial view of campus of Western State Teachers College
Date 1933
Time Period 1930 - 1933
Description Aerial photograph of Western State Teachers College featuring the administration building, library, science hall, Oakland Gymnasium, and temporary World War I barracks. Kalamazoo College is visible in the background.
Seibert Administration ...
exwa_wmup_u-01568
 
Title Seibert Administration Building, exterior front view, at Western Michigan University
Description Exterior front view of the facade of the Western Michigan University Administration Building (now Seibert Administration Building). The Administration Building was designed by architect Ralph R. Calder and built in 1952. Renamed the Seibert Administration Building in 1978, after Russell H. Seibert, former professor of History and Vice President.
Seibert Administration ...
1967
exwa_wmup_u-01566
 
Title Seibert Administration Building, exterior back view, at Western Michigan University
Date 1967
Time Period 1960 - 1967
Description Exterior view of the back facade of the Western Michigan University Administration Building (now Seibert Administration Building) photographed in October 1967. The Administration Building was designed by architect Ralph R. Calder and built in 1952. Renamed the Seibert Administration Building in 1978, after Russell H. Seibert, former professor of History and Vice President.
Waldo Library facade, e...
1958-1967
exwa_wmup_u-01415
 
Title Waldo Library facade, exterior view, before 1967 addition
Date 1958-1967
Time Period 1960 - 1967
Description Exterior view of Waldo Library facade on the West Campus of Western Michigan University before the 1967 addition. Waldo Library was built in 1958, expanded in 1967, renovated and expanded again in 1991. The main library was named after the university's first president, Dwight B. Waldo.
Group portrait of the D...
1957
[Reber, Rosalie (Holmes...
exwa_wmup_u-000265
 
Title Group portrait of the Distributive Education Department at Western Michigan University
Date 1957
Time Period 1950 - 1959
Description Group photograph of the Distributive Education Department from the 1957 Brown & Gold yearbook. Pictured: Rosalie Reber, Wendell Fidler, Raymond Dannenberg, and Adrian Trimpe.
1-50 of 163
1 2 3 4