REFINE 

Browse All : Images from ca. 1940

1-6 of 6
Ellis Walker, health se...
ca. 1940
Walker, Ellis J., 1878-...
exwa_wmup_u-00016
 
Title Ellis Walker, health services, portrait
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Portrait of Ellis J. Walker, Ph.B., R.N., Director of Health Services, 1927-1946.
Ellis Walker, health se...
ca. 1940
Walker, Ellis J., 1878-...
exwa_wmup_u-00017
 
Title Ellis Walker, health services, at her desk
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Ellis J. Walker, Director of Health Services, 1927-1946, at her desk in the Health and Personnel Building.
Bertha Davis and Opal S...
ca. 1940
[Davis, Bertha Shean, 1...
exwa_wmup_u-00029
 
Title Bertha Davis and Opal Stamm
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Photograph of Bertha Davis and Opal Stamm by 939 Walwood Place. Davis served first as a music instructor in 1914, then as dean of women from 1917 until 1947. Stamm was an assistant professor of Home Economics, 1934-1963.
Spindler Hall, exterior...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10450
 
Title Spindler Hall, exterior, East Campus at Western State Teachers College
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Exterior of Spindler Hall looking northwest. Built in 1940, Spindler Hall was origially a women's dormatory and later became an independent housing facility for doctoral, graduate, senior and non-traditional students. Spindler Hall was named after Lavina Spindler, who served at Western from 1907-1938 as director of the Campus School, Dean of Women, and Freshman Advisor. The building featured reliefs of female students and a female figure in a mentoring relationship.
West Hall, northeast fa...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10160
 
Title West Hall, northeast facade, on the East Campus of Western State Teachers College
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description Northeast facade of West Hall, formerly known as the Natural Science Building and Science Hall. The Science Building, designed by E. W. Arnold, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at Western State Normal School in 1915. West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences for over 30 years. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
West Hall with greenhou...
ca. 1940
exwa_wmup_u-10150
 
Title West Hall with greenhouse at Western State Teachers College, facing south
Date ca. 1940
Time Period 1940 - 1949
Description South facade of West Hall, originally known as the Natural Science Building and Science Hall. The greenhouse was added to the building in 1940. The Science Building, designed by E. W. Arnold, was later named West Hall. Located on East Campus, it was the second building to open at Western State Normal School in 1915. West Hall was used as the physical and natural sciences for over 30 years. The last use for the building was in 2006, when the Geology Department used it for a core lab. The building was demolished in 2013.
1-6 of 6