Detail View: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection: Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection

Identifier: 
exwa_wmup_u-10450
Filename: 
exwa_wmup_u-10450.tif
Title: 
Spindler Hall, exterior, East Campus at Western State Teachers College
Date: 
ca. 1940
Description: 
Exterior of Spindler Hall looking northwest. Built in 1940, Spindler Hall was origially a women's dormatory and later became an independent housing facility for doctoral, graduate, senior and non-traditional students. Spindler Hall was named after Lavina Spindler, who served at Western from 1907-1938 as director of the Campus School, Dean of Women, and Freshman Advisor. The building featured reliefs of female students and a female figure in a mentoring relationship.
Building: 
Western Michigan University. Spindler Hall
Subject: 
Western Michigan University--Buildings
Subject: 
Western Michigan College of Education--Buildings
Subject: 
Spindler, Lavina, 1878-1957
Subject: 
Dormitories--Michigan--Kalamazoo
Location: 
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Time Period: 
1940 - 1949
Source: 
8.8 x 5.6 in. black-and-white print, WMU Photograph Collection, U-10450
Collection: 
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Publisher: 
Western Michigan University
Digital Date: 
2020
Rights: 
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
Type: 
Image
File Format: 
image/tiff
Box Barcode: 
31141021784546
Digitization Specifications: 
Scanned by Western Michigan University Archives. Processed in Adobe Photoshop CS6. Archival file is .tif.